Our Innovation Lab:
Your Competitive Advantage
Our customers are under increasing pressure from consumers, competitors, the market at large — and from within their organizations — to deliver innovative products that have the power to capture market share. They’re also under pressure to bring those products to market much more quickly than ever before. Staying out front is more essential than ever before, but that speed-to-market drive can easily run into road blocks.
Transparency in supply chains, government regulations, growing consumer awareness about sustainability and other issues have the power to make product development challenging, and even impossible.
Bolger & O’Hearn can help you maneuver successfully through that process.
As a bluesign® system partner, Bolger and O’Hearn has the interdisciplinary skills to help you bring great, new products to market.
We understand the market forces involved and understand the downstream and upstream processes in the textile industry that will advance, or hinder, the development process.
We also understand that innovation doesn’t happen without collaboration. That’s why we are often involved in partnerships, IP arrangements and joint ventures, all of which are aimed at fulfilling our purpose of creating innovative chemistries.
The Bolger & O’Hearn Innovation Lab
Bolger & O’Hearn is known for working in close partnership with our customers, helping them develop the specialty chemistries they need to stay ahead of trends. We have the team, the equipment and the expertise.
Bolger & O’Hearn supports globe-wide production of textile products and participates in co-development efforts with leading textile mills and multi-national brands.
Our staff is experienced in traditional textile processing, dyeing and finishing technologies. In addition, we have extensive applied material science capabilities spanning chemistry, physics, engineering, and polymer science.
THE LAB INCLUDES:
- Conventional equipment for preparing and evaluating new textile chemistries
- Textile application equipment that simulates actual industrial processes such as padding , foaming, spraying, and thermal curing
- Process equipment that allows us to optimize process variables for smooth transition to mill operators for product trials
- A full range of textile lab test equipment for evaluating and measuring treated textiles for water repellency, oil repellency, crock fastness and other properties
- Highly specialized test equipment such as the Bundesmann rain simulator that allow us to develop advanced durable water repellents with rainstorm-protective qualities.
OUR TECHNICAL SUPPORT
RUNS THE GAMUT, AND INCLUDES:
- Technical idea creation
- Lab-scale proof of concept
- Pilot plant scale-up
- Full production.
CONTACT US TODAY
Toll Free: +1.888.404.4042
LET BOLGER & O’HEARN’S
INNOVATION LAB WORK FOR YOU
These interdisciplinary skills enable the Bolger & O’Hearn Innovation Lab to work with our customers on a wide variety of cutting-edge textile applications designed specifically to energize their product portfolios.
We also offer expertise in the development of sustainable replacements for older chemistries and innovative new chemistries with sustainable profiles. You can learn more on our Sustainability page.